A guide on how to change the taskbar’s color in Windows 11.
The “windows 11 transparent taskbar” is a feature that allows users to change the color of the taskbar in Windows. The feature is available in Windows 10 and later.
authored by Matthew Adams
Expert in Windows and Software
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
- In Windows 11, you may alter the color of the taskbar in a few different ways. With dark/light mode and accent color settings in the Settings app, you may change the color of the taskbar.
- With theme customization options, you may easily modify the color code.
- If you can’t alter the color of the taskbar in Windows 11, examine the platform’s activation settings.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows 11 includes the taskbar as a standard feature. Because its icons are centered, it has a distinct aesthetic than its predecessors. The taskbar color customization options in Windows 11 aren’t all that different from those in Windows 10.
In Windows 10, you can choose a custom color for the taskbar and the Start Menu in Settings, similar to how you can set a custom color for the taskbar and the Start Menu.
Windows 11 keeps the dark and light themes from the previous operating system. The taskbar will change color from black to white depending on whether you choose Dark or Light.
However, many users will prefer alternative taskbar colors. Thankfully, Windows 11 offers a wide variety of accent colors to pick from. You may also choose your own accent colors.
How can I get Windows 11 to work?
The only catch is that you’ll need to activate Windows 11 to change the taskbar colors. When Windows 11 isn’t active, the color settings are grayed out.
- To begin, click the Search (magnifying glass) icon on the taskbar in Windows 11.
- In the search text field, type the phrase activation settings.
- Then, to enter the Settings panel, select Activation settings.
- To extend that category, click Upgrade your Windows edition.
- Change the product key by pressing the Change button under the Change product key option.
- Then, in the Enter a product key box, input a valid key.
- After you’ve input the product key, click the Next button.
If you don’t have a Windows 11 product key, don’t bother with the following technique! However, you may still use a KMS client key to activate that platform. Follow the steps below to do so:
- To begin, click the magnifying glass taskbar icon in Windows 11 to bring up the search tool.
- Next, type Command Prompt into the search box in Windows 11.
- For the Command Prompt search result, choose Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter: kmsclientkey slmgr /ipk
- After that, type the following command and click Enter: yourserver slmgr /skms
- Finally, enter slmgr /ato into the command prompt and hit Return.
In the command indicated for step four, replace kmsclientkey with the KMS client key code for your Windows 11 edition. For Windows 11 Home, Enterprise, Pro, and Education versions, these are the KMS client keys:
- TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99 (Home Edition)
- NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2 (Education)
- W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX W269N-WFGWX-Y
- NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43 (Enterprise)
You’ll also need to replace your server with a kms host address in the slmgr /skms command. You may use any of the following online kms host addresses in that command:
Also, keep in mind that not all of those host addresses will work. If you get an error message while using this approach to activate Windows 11, try using a different online kms host address.
In Windows 11, how can I alter the color of the taskbar?
1. Change the color scheme of the taskbar between dark and bright.
- To access the menu shown below, press the Start button on the taskbar:
- On that menu, choose Settings.
- On the left side of Settings, choose Personalization.
- Then choose Colors to see the following options:
- Select your mode from the drop-down menu.
- Then you may choose between Light and Dark choices to modify the color of the taskbar.
- You may choose other color modes for Windows and applications if you choose the Custom option.
2. Pick your own accent colors
- Choose Dark for the Choose your mode option to choose various accent colors for the Windows 11 taskbar.
- Turn on the option to show accent color on the Start and taskbar. With the Light option chosen, that choice will be grayed out.
- To choose a color, click Accent color. Your taskbar will then change to the color you choose.
- Click the View colors button to bring up the tool shown below to personalize your chosen color:
- Then, by moving the circle around the palette, you may modify the color you’ve chosen.
- You may also modify the color of your taskbar by dragging the Value bar left and right.
- To get RGB and HSV color data, use the More button. Within the text area, you may insert color codes.
- Close the color utility by pressing the Done button.
- By turning on the Transparency effects toggle button in the color settings, you can add a slick transparency effect to your taskbar as an added benefit.
Check read this post on how to make the taskbar transparent in Windows 11 for additional information on this issue.
3. Use a variety of themes
- The color of the taskbar may be changed by switching between various Windows 11 themes. To do so, go to Settings and choose the Personalization tab, as described in method one.
- Select Themes from the drop-down menu.
- Then select one of the six different basic themes included with Windows 11 by clicking through them.
- Alternatively, you may download a theme from the Microsoft Store by clicking Browse themes.
- In the Microsoft Store box that appears, choose a theme and click the Free button to download it.
You won’t be able to change the taskbar color if you choose a light theme.
Are there any more color options in Windows 11 that you should know about?
The Accessibility tab in Settings has some general contrast theme choices, which will affect the color of the taskbar as well. Apps and text should be easier to read with those color selections. To experiment with those possibilities, follow the steps below:
- Hold the Windows key and hit I at the same time to access Settings.
- Then, on the left side of Settings, select Accessibility.
- Then choose Contrast themes from the drop-down option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose a contrast theme.
- To view what your chosen contrast theme looks like, click Apply.
In general, changing the color of the taskbar in Windows 11 is rather simple. You may change the color of your taskbar under the OS’s customization options to anything you choose.
Changing the color of your taskbar is a terrific way to personalize Windows 11. Select a more bright accent color for the taskbar and the Start menu as well to truly liven up your PC’s desktop.
Furthermore, by modifying the registry or altering the scaling settings, you may change the taskbar size in Windows 11. If the outcome doesn’t meet your expectations, there are a few easy strategies you may use to restore Windows 11’s appearance to that of Windows 10.
Tell us in the comments whether you were able to alter the color of the taskbar and if our methods were helpful.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
If you are using Windows 11, you can change the color of your taskbar. The “windows 11 show accent color on taskbar greyed out” is how to do it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the color of my task bar?
A: To change the color of your task bar, press and hold down on the bar at any time. The left side will turn pink and start to flash. Move your cursor over a different one (or all) colors until you find the perfect color for you!
Why cant I customize my taskbar color?
A: Due to copyright protection, your taskbar color cannot be customized on the Mac.
How do I enable the transparent taskbar in Windows 11?
A: In Windows 11, when you click on the taskbar, a transparent toolbar will appear. The color of the background will depend on what is currently your wallpaper for that computer.
- taskbar windows 11
- how to make the windows 10 taskbar black again
- windows 11 color palette
- how to change taskbar color in windows 10
- windows 11 change taskbar